Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

It's good to be loved

As I looked up a definition for the word "love", I realized someone else can't tell you what love is. They can tell you how they would define it, or describe it, but to actually feel it, it's completely different person to person. I'm not talking about "let's get married" kind of love. I'm talking about having friends and family make you feel like a million bucks kind of love. I've done little to my room, but what I do have are pictures of friends, family, and happenings all over to remind me of who I am, and where I come from. I come from this incredible family. Strong, supportive parents who would do anything to protect me, and who have expressed how proud they are of me. This fabulous sister who I have always, and will always look up to and be proud of. She has extended a limb of our family tree to the perfect brother in-law a girl could ask for, and a nephew, well, I'm sure y'all don't even want to get me on the "how proud am I of that little guy?" kick. Although later in this post I will, of course. And even farther back I have this beautiful, yet pretty crazy, and extremely, not normal sized extended family. We all came from this beautiful, petite lady named Bernice, and a large and in charge man named Ralph. My whole family is proud to have Harrelson blood and couldn't imagine it being any smaller than the 130ish decendents of my grandma and grandpa. I realized that wasn't a normal size family when I was, sadly, around 20 years old. "Sooo, normally people know all of their cousins names??? That's just crazy talk!"

This morning the first picture I looked at on my side table was the one looking back at me. My daddy and I at my Chuck E Cheese birthday party when I was maybe 5? It's funny how even though those weren't the easiest times in our life, my parents still managed to have a party at what I'm sure wasn't the cheapest venue in town. That picture of my dad with his luscious, thick, black hair sitting with me and my thin, curly, blonde hair seems so familiar. I'm pretty sure he still looks at me the same way, in that "I'll do anything to make you happy, princess". The fact that my parents still somehow pull surprises just to make me smile lights up my life. I've been expecting a package from one of the best women on the Earth, Nancy. When the mailman drove past today I ran out to the box to see what he left for me. What I found almost knocked me over and filled my little eyeballs with moisture. My mama had sent an entire box of homemade butters and jams and jellies. When I was home, something I definitely took for granted was her apple butter. For the past two months I've been very careful not to over eat it, because it doesn't just grow on trees in my house anymore! But NOW I'm set for a few more months! Also, I was just grabbing Halloween cards to send out yesterday and as I grabbed one for my parents I was informing my roommate how my mama hates halloween, so why NOT send her a card?! Well, in this package, my fabulous mother made me a halloween card! Pretty sweet, huh?? Also in my mail box was ANOTHER surprise! From sweet, sweet Claire. Claire is a perfect example of "client who became a friend I couldn't imagine living without". She's so sweet, and gorgeous, and has a beautiful little family! She sent me some much appreciated goodies that lit up my day!

It's an amazing feeling when you feel loved. So often we (OK, mainly myself) puts so much emphasis on finding that one special partner in your life who loves and cherises you and you can't imagine life without. But when you've been touched like I have today, by multiple people, that search for that one person becomes a little less important. I never want to take these amazing people for granted.

Also, have I ever told y'all how much I love fall?? I love walking down the street and feeling the leaves crunch under my boots while drinking a hot chai latte. I love wearing scarves. I love grabbing a blanket while on the couch and snuggling up. I love watching fall/halloween movies, or seeing a little soccer team of zombies walk past me at the bus stop (10 days before halloween..). The rain isn't too bad either. It has made me a little lazy (hince not going hiking this evening), but what's wrong with taking it slow every now and then??

Lastly, how awesome is my nephew? I don't know if you have a nephew, but this little boy is incredible. His Aunt Bubbie sent him some goodies today, and sometimes I can't wait until he gets a little older and understands and appreciates what's happening! I defintely don't want him to grow up too fast, and I wish he would still be a cuddling little baby boy when I get  home in a few months to see him, but as I send him things I think "does he even realize where this is coming from, or why he's receiving it??" Probably not, but oh well! He definitely deserves it. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers coming up soon. He's having some weight issues and concerns, so tomorrow he's getting some test done and weighing in. And also on November 2nd he's undergoing a special surgery, so he'll need lots of kissies to make him feel better! I know one day Ethan will discover that I, and hundreds of other people, have a love for him that is completely unexplainable, but undeniable.

No comments:

Post a Comment