Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Decisions, Decisions!

On Wednesday, June 2, 2010, a couple weeks after planning a trip to the Northwest, I had a crazy idea of changing my trip to one way. That "crazy" idea was quickly changed into a final decision after a hard long talk with my daddy, some of my closest friends, and my future roommate. I've never looked back since and everything has worked itself out to prove to me that I belong in Portland, OR!

I've lived in the Wilmington, NC area all my life. Born in Wilmington, grew up in Leland, worked and played in Wilmington while living with my parents in Riegelwood. It's a small place but it's where I will always call home.


Cape Fear River

Tomorrow afternoon at 12:15 I, along with a few belongings and a TON of memories will start my journey out west to my new home in Portland. I'm nevous, I'm excited, I'm hopeful, and lastly, I'm proud. Ever since I visited in 2008 I knew I wanted to spend more than four days there. When asked if I would ever move there I always responded with "I couldn't..." or "that's crazy talk. It's 3000 mi away!" But when I finally sat down and re-evaulated my life and what's come of it, the "crazy talk" became a little more and more stable. Since I've decided to move I have never been asked "Why?" so much! Growing tired of explaing my life story I've broken it down to "Why Not?" Seriously! WHY NOT?? I'm not getting any younger, I'm a single 24 year old female with no kids, a great resume, and some pretty awesome friends out west. I've been given a roof over my head, a job at my hands, and a whole city to open my mind even wider and my heart even larger. I give everything to everyone, it's time I give to myself. New adventures and lessons await me.


Mt Hood

I've never been a tech-savvy person so blogs seemed so weird and personal for such a long time, but after the amount of "e-mail me every week!" responses I've had, I figured this was a good way to keep such an awesome group of family, friends, and clients updated with my adventure! I hope to see y'all soon.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for living your dreams. Take in every single moment because "life is short, but sweet for certain". I'm so thankful I've had the opportunity to spend time with you and get to know your beautiful soul more and more each day. Spread your wings and live life to the fullest, my love! xoxo Can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an excellent writer! I'm so glad you started this...

    I miss you already, but I'm so very proud of you.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to write the exact same things Joye and Claire wrote... they said exactly what I was thinking. Few people get to live out their dreams, and I'm so glad you're getting that chance. You are one of the kindest, most giving people I've ever met, and I hope that life gives you back as much as you've given. I can't wait to hear all of your Pacific coast adventures, and to visit you there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! So glad for you, just remember your roots, not hair roots but foundational soul roots.. Maybe watch, Sweet Home Alabama.LOL I know your family is missing you and you will miss them, but with technology, shoot, you can stay in their business just as much as if you were here, and hey, you single, minimal responsibilities, if needed here physically catch a flight or move back. Now if you find a guy way out there, make sure y'all have plenty of money so you can fly home often.HaHa, Love ya sweetie, enjoy and find you a place of worship, great way to connect with the community and have people to care for you.

    ReplyDelete