Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Mama said they'll be days like this..

So it finally happened. What I thought would've happened by now if it was going to happen at all. I figured since it hadn't yet, that I was OK.

Yup, I'm homesick.

It all started while I was flipping through pictures last night and deleting a few which included a certain face I never want to see again in my life. Nope, I'm not bitter, I just have so many awful memories with a certain someone, so bad to where their picture makes me cringe and check my phone's security setting to make sure my number is still unreachable.

As I was deleting these pictures, I ran into thousands of pictures of my closest friends, some of my favorite Wilmington spots, my family, and of course, Ethan. I shut my laptop, swallowed my emotions, and enjoyed a nice dinner that was cooked for me!


Today didn't get easier though. I don't start my job until Tuesday so I still have quite some time off until my first day. The past few days when I've gone out through the town I've pooped myself out and spent probably too much money for a non-working gal, so I've decided to stay around the house as much as possible. I'm not sure how I forgot, but around 4 my time I realized it was turning into a beautiful Friday evening and I had no plans. Nothing to do, no one to do anything with, and not really any easy transportation to get there. It kinda blew. So I grabbed my phone and called up friends back home and pretended like I wasn't 3000 miles away. After a ton of laughs and some juicy gossip, I felt better. Tomorrow will feel much better also. Kelly and I are going to have some quality girl time down at the Saturday Market, and hopefully hit up the Buffalo Exchange. I could use some new, yet used, clothes and shoes! Maybe even some fab jewelry and indulge in some delicious local food. The sun WILL come out tomorrow, and I have to say, Mama said they'll be days like this.

1 comment:

  1. Always remember to follow your heart and dreams. You have so many wonderful opportunities ahead of you and everything will become clear very soon. I Love and miss you loads, but am so happy for your awesome adventure. Keep your head up and the sun will keep shining. xoxo

    ReplyDelete